Heehee, poor depressed tortiose

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
John (username shelly) has had this as his signature for a very long time.

I'm at a loss wondering why baby tortoises like to jump off things. But most of them do.

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
Yvonne G said:
John (username shelly) has had this as his signature for a very long time.

I'm at a loss wondering why baby tortoises like to jump off things. But most of them do.

I am on my cell so don't see siggs. :(
I figured people might have seen it already but it gave me a good laugh this morning. :)

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I don't know if they particularly like jumping off things, but I always find that babies are just so much more mobile that adults. Once they hit the 6" (for the larger torts) range, I only see them move fast if there's food involved.

Helen

5 Year Member
I haven't seen that before, it's very funny. I feel a bit bad for laughing out loud at the poor wee tort though. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mgridgaway said:
I don't know if they particularly like jumping off things, but I always find that babies are just so much more mobile that adults. Once they hit the 6" (for the larger torts) range, I only see them move fast if there's food involved.

You need to come to my place. I'll show you some fast moving big ones...

When temps are right, they do the equivalent of tortoise jogging around the enclosure. Many non-tortoise keeping visitors remark that they thought tortoises were slow moving when they see mine running around.