Hello! 20 year old city girl with 6 year old tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankieBaby

5 Year Member
So yes, I'm Katherina, I'm 20, and I've had Frankie, my Greek (I think?) Tortoise for about 5 years. I just tried to post a new thread in the health section but it doesn't seem to be working... I'll try again! Anyway, I'm really determined to start giving Frankie the life he deserves! Nice to meet you all :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! If you post pictures, I am sure somebody can give you a positive ID on your tortoise. As for the post you did not showing up, the problem may be simply that no Mod has yet come by and approved it. To cut down on spam, all new members must have their first five posts approved by a Mod. Sorry for the wait, if that is the reason. :tort:

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Welcome! I'm sure someone can give you all the advice you need once we have a positive ID

FrankieBaby

5 Year Member
Aw, thanks guys! What is this "positive ID" thing all about? I'm guessing it's a way of showing that I'm a real human being and not a spammer?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome
A positive ID is in regards to your tortoise. You said earlier you think it is a hermanns, people on here love to play the guess what tortoise it is game.

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Yes...on the lookout for spammers, also. Welcome to TFO...City Girl.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Katherina:

LOL!! the previous poster meant we would be happy to give you a positive ID on your tortoise, not on you! And the reason your posts don't seem to be working is because the first 5 posts of a new member have to wait for a moderator to approve them.

Welcome to the Tortoise forum!!

FrankieBaby

5 Year Member
Oh I see... so should I post the photo of my tortoise here or is there a thread for it elsewhere? I'll take a picture tomorrow and put it up. :)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
dmmj said:
Welcome
A positive ID is in regards to your tortoise. You said earlier you think it is a hermanns, people on here love to play the guess what tortoise it is game.

Welcome :D. Any pics of the tort!?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
FrankieBaby said:
Oh I see... so should I post the photo of my tortoise here or is there a thread for it elsewhere? I'll take a picture tomorrow and put it up. :)

I would suggest starting a new thread (once you have the pictures) asking for ID help. I would place it in the general section and then we Mods can move it to the correct area, once positive ID has been made. Like David said, ID guessing is a well loved game in here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.