Hello all

Gtphale

5 Year Member
Well as you can see from my join date not really a newbie. LOL But this is probably my first post. I got my daughters each a Russian Tortoise about 1.5 years ago and they have been great little pets. I had them in a 40 gallon breeder tank for about 2 weeks as I built their tort table. They have been doing great and now here is a link so that you can meet them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuD0L-vvAwk I built this after a lot of reading in this forum. I'm going to change out their water bowl for a flower pot bottom as I have found its to hard for them to get in and out of. Probably the cause for some dehydration. This has been a really cold year so the heater is running all the time this winter. Normally I have a humidifier going in their room but my daughter doesn't sleep in there anymore so it has been placed in the other room.

Please let me know if you see anything I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome back don't be a stranger.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Glad you didn't leave for good. Like already said, stick around for a while:D. We really aren't all that bad:)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . With all your reading did you read anything how Russian torts are loners and don't do well in pairs ? Just thought I should ask . Good luck

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Stephen (It is Stephen, right?), and welcome to finally posting on the Forum!!

I looked at your video, and it looks like you are the exception that proves the rule. The rule that Russian tortoises don't do well in pairs. The habitat looks fine to me. Be thinking about setting up an outdoor area in the back yard for the tortoises to go outside. They really do much better out in the sun. But keep in mind that they are escape artists, they climb and dig very well.