Hello and Can U Help Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HrdHeaded1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi..
My name is Jennifer and my husbands name is Chris. Yesterday our neighbor knocked on our door and told us he nearly ran over a rather large "turtle" We drove to see where it was and it looks like he's a large Tortoise! So naturally we could not leave him in the road. Right now he is in a kiddie pool in our garage. I believe he might be a African Spurred Tort. Here is a few pictures of him. The one with my husbands hands is so you can see around what size he is. I have no idea how old this fellow is either. Any help in identifiying exactly what type of tort he is would be great as well as what type of enclosure he needs. Right now we are calling him Bill.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon!

Attachments

• Bill.jpg
    Bill.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Bill1.jpg
    Bill1.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Bill2.jpg
    Bill2.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 15

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Where are you located? This is not a sulcata, its a desert tortoise. If you don't live near a desert area, it is more than likely someone's escaped pet. Your best bet is to tack up fliers on the utility poles around the area where you found the tortoise. Here in California, one must apply to the Department of Fish and Game to legally keep a desert tortoise, as they're protected by law...that's why I asked where you live.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.