Hello Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harveybogart

Hi Everyone,

Well,I stop here to say big Hello to each and every member of this community.My name is Harvey from California want to share my ideas and knowledge with others.I am happy if some one from this community want to communicate with me on general issues.

Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Harvey:

1612930j6tqabn1b7.jpg

to the forum.

What kind of tortoise do you have?

Yvonne

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Harvey :)

Have you recently moved to India? As your IP address says your in India.

Danny

L

leonardonestor

Hi,
I am new in this Forum.I hope this forums are very intresting.And give some knowledge for my future project.
Thanks for sharing this information.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hello and welcome !!! Enjoy the forum, its loads of fun and great for learning new things! Have you got a tortoise or a turtle? :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
leonardonestor said:
Hi,
I am new in this Forum.I hope this forums are very intresting.And give some knowledge for my future project.
Thanks for sharing this information.

Hi Leonard:

2079152u6zo5b8n0u.gif

to the forum!! What is your future project?

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome Harvey and leonardonestor to the forum. Please each of you tell us a little more about yourselves, like what type of Shelled friends you have or are interested in? Where you are really located Now? What future projects you are looking into?

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
egyptiandan said:
Welcome to the forum Harvey :)

Have you recently moved to India? As your IP address says your in India.

Danny

I think this person is a spammer, along with robertson (http://tortoiseforum.org/user-2907.html)

Not in the traditional sense, but they just go around to forums and post links to products in their signatures to increase the site's page rank in search engines (more sites linking to you implies you're more "popular" and go up in the rankings.) These people post a few generic posts on forums then never come back. Notice both "Harvey" and "Robertson" both made 3 posts, NONE relating to torts, and could have easily been posted on a forum about any topic. Harvey's posts were at 12:33, 12:34, and 12:38, Robertson's posts were at 5:21, 5:22, and 5:23.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Kadaan said:
I think this person is a spammer, along with robertson (http://tortoiseforum.org/user-2907.html)

Not in the traditional sense, but they just go around to forums and post links to products in their signatures to increase the site's page rank in search engines (more sites linking to you implies you're more "popular" and go up in the rankings.) These people post a few generic posts on forums then never come back. Notice both "Harvey" and "Robertson" both made 3 posts, NONE relating to torts, and could have easily been posted on a forum about any topic. Harvey's posts were at 12:33, 12:34, and 12:38, Robertson's posts were at 5:21, 5:22, and 5:23.

Thank you for that explanation. I've wondered why some of the folks with India IP addresses have links in their signatures to some sort of product or service. Now that we all have been given a "heads up" we will have to remember, DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!!

Thanks again!

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.