Hello from Gilbert, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkbsj5

5 Year Member
Hello everyone...I stumbled across this site while searching for a Sulcata to adopt, what an amazing resource of information!! Still searching, and learning but enjoying every minute of it! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hello there, bkbsj5:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Yup...lots of tortoise lovers and good info here. Glad you've found us.

What would you like us to call you?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hello fellow Arizonan. We have a great environment for sulcatas!

bkbsj5

5 Year Member
Sorry...my name is Krissy...apparently forgot that in my introduction! Also, we are looking to add a tortoise to our family of 5, myself and my husband of nearly 12 years, our 3 boys agents 8, 5, and 3, and 2 standard poodles (they are indoor dogs and only go out supervised, but do well with kids...obviously...and all sorts of critters)

Also, if anyone has a good recommendation for a couple things I'm all ears! First, before adding to our family we have 3 large oleanders that need to be removed from our backyard. Second, anyone have a good recommendation where to get a Sulcata? We'd like to adopt or rescue one that is 2 years or older and able to live outside.

bkbsj5

5 Year Member
Thank you Everyone!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the useful information provided in these forums. It was a hard decision to make but after months of research we have determined that our family would not make a good home for a tortoise at this time. :( We already have a 125 gallon fish tank full of fish, and 2 standard poodles (and as gentle as they are, they are dogs which don't mix well with a tortoise!), this weekend we acquired a 55 gallon fish tank, and have decided to stick with our fish and dogs for now. But again, thank you everyone for all the information!

Krissy

tortle

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
RE: Thank you Everyone!

bkbsj5 said:
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the useful information provided in these forums. It was a hard decision to make but after months of research we have determined that our family would not make a good home for a tortoise at this time. :( We already have a 125 gallon fish tank full of fish, and 2 standard poodles (and as gentle as they are, they are dogs which don't mix well with a tortoise!), this weekend we acquired a 55 gallon fish tank, and have decided to stick with our fish and dogs for now. But again, thank you everyone for all the information!

Krissy

Aw that's too bad. Maybe in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.