Hello from Nebraska

Csr7

5 Year Member
Just joined the forum, have been looking for a while. Middle son has been wanting a tortoise for a while. So here I am learning .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum! Do you have any idea what species of tortoise he'd be interested in? If you don't have any experience with tortoises, Russians are a good first tortoise (Testudo horsefieldii) But one thing to keep in mind is that, even though they are a small species, they still need a lot of space to wander. So while he's indoors, a large plastic tub with a large floor space would make a good enclosure for him. Then once good weather comes around, you can set him up outside in a safe outdoor enclosure.

We have plenty of ideas for enclosures in our enclosure section.

popeye tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forum. This is the place to be for any questions or information you may need. The keepers are very helpful and a lot of knowledge.

Csr7

5 Year Member
Hi, and welcome to the Forum! Do you have any idea what species of tortoise he'd be interested in? If you don't have any experience with tortoises, Russians are a good first tortoise (Testudo horsefieldii) But one thing to keep in mind is that, even though they are a small species, they still need a lot of space to wander. So while he's indoors, a large plastic tub with a large floor space would make a good enclosure for him. Then once good weather comes around, you can set him up outside in a safe outdoor enclosure.

We have plenty of ideas for enclosures in our enclosure section.

We are looking at Russian,Greek or Hermans tortoises. I have some time to decide which we will buy for him and i will help him care for the tortoise.So right now I am reading up on the forums trying to figure out what all is needed to build a nice sized home and everything else that goes into making sure we have a happy tortoise!