Hello from North Florida!

Pastel Tortie

Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
I've been lurking here for a good while now, reading up on all things box turtle... and all sorts of other fascinating topics I keep finding here! This site really is an incredible resource. I'm not usually much of a "joiner," but I finally got around to registering as a TFO member so I can join the conversation.

My household includes a healthy young female Gulf Coast box turtle, just over a year old. I weigh and measure her frequently to monitor her growth rate. Most recently, her SCL is now 3.25 inches, and she's tipping the scales at a whopping 102 grams! [I know, I know... She isn't a Sulcata...]

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Thank you, I'm glad to be here! I will post pictures, along with the laundry list of all the components and equipment in her enclosure. I will probably start a separate thread for it in the Box Turtles section. That's going to be a rather long post, though, so it may be a day or two...

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Thank you, I'm glad to be here! I will post pictures, along with the laundry list of all the components and equipment in her enclosure. I will probably start a separate thread for it in the Box Turtles section. That's going to be a rather long post, though, so it may be a day or two...

Welcome! Can't wait to see the pics.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Although I'm a new member to TFO, I may have met some of the other TFO members in person before. It probably would have been in the early 2000s time frame, and of course (for me), it would have been in Florida.

Now, whether any of them remember me or not... that's a different question!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I'm still getting used to the tech aspects of the forum, but I think I finally figured out how to upload pics here from my phone.

The test picture is just a cute pic of our resident GCBT in her turtle soaking tub, enjoying a frilly lettuce leaf the way she likes best...under it, not eating it.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20180722_0009.png
    wp_ss_20180722_0009.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 13

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I'm still getting used to the tech aspects of the forum, but I think I finally figured out how to upload pics here from my phone.

The test picture is just a cute pic of our resident GCBT in her turtle soaking tub, enjoying a frilly lettuce leaf the way she likes best...under it, not eating it.

Cute pix...

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Here she is a few months ago, demonstrating how she needed a new, larger soaking tub.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20180523_0002.png
    wp_ss_20180523_0002.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 6