Hello from Ohio!

AshleighV614

Location (City and/or State)
Columbus, Ohio
Hello! I am new to the forum from Columbus, Ohio. I have had my Russian Tortoise, Luna, since November and I figured it was time to actually join the forum instead of just reading posts 😅.
I am very excited because Spring has finally sprung here and I get to go out and forage new and exciting foods for her to try. Before she was mine she belonged to my little sister and when I brought her home she was sent with a bag of broccoli. I switched her to Spring Mix for the winter but now she's getting lots of weeds and flowers. She LOVES Dandelions, Wild Violets and Lilacs. Lilacs are currently her favorite and she will climb over all the other food on her plate to get to them 🤣.

Her enclosure has been updated since this picture was taken. I have removed almost all of the smaller rocks and she has a plate for her food instead of a bowl. The tub is a Stock Tank from Tractor supply and her substrate is Coco Coir and Worm Castings (I couldn't find any organic soil that didn't have sand in it where I am at) My husband and I have the stuff to make a lid for the enclosure but ADHD has made it difficult to start that task lol
PXL_20220218_200244548.MP.jpgPXL_20220218_221235071.MP.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Welcome from the UK. Luna looks very sweet, and I love her sturdy little legs.
Angie

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hello and welcome from down here in Lancaster 😊 I have a Russian also.