Hello from Riyadh

tortdadruh

Location (City and/or State)
Riyadh
Hi there,

I am an indulgent dad in Riyadh and I have joined this forum because my daughter wanted to have a pet tortoise. Just need to learn a lot really quickly.

Hope to learn from here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome! Abdullaali was from Abu Dhabi, but he's in the States now going to college.

Your new little tortoise - I saw its picture on your other thread. Did you buy it or pick it up out of the wild?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum from Jordan!

Bee62

Germany
Hi there,

I am an indulgent dad in Riyadh and I have joined this forum because my daughter wanted to have a pet tortoise. Just need to learn a lot really quickly.

Hope to learn from here.
Hello and a very warm welcome. You can learn a lot here. Ask any question you have.
Greetings from Germany.

tortdadruh

Riyadh
Hello and welcome. We have several members in the middle east, including @Tidgy's Dad in Morocco and @Gillian Moore in Jordan

What type of tortoise do you have?

We love pictures :)

Hi There,

We have not got any yet. My daughter is still in research phase. We are looking for one that would not grow too big. Ideally one that would not grow to more than 20-30cm ( or 8-12 inches)

We are limited in terms of what we can get here, however.

tortdadruh

Riyadh
Hi, and welcome! Abdullaali was from Abu Dhabi, but he's in the States now going to college.

Your new little tortoise - I saw its picture on your other thread. Did you buy it or pick it up out of the wild?

We have not bought it yet. We saw it in in pet store, after going to like 8-10 stores and not finding any. The pet store guy was not too clear on the species so we need to research a bit first. Don't want to buy it and suddenly find yourself with a specie that will grow huge.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Welcome! I lived in Riyadh in the 80s! I don't remember ever seeing a pet store there. That's great, they have them now.
It's good your daughter is doing her research first. Once you have figured out the species, there are care sheets in the species specific section of the forum. Keep in mind that even small tortoises need quite a bit of space.

tortdadruh

Riyadh
I have lived here only 14 years, and ( betraying my age ) the times, they are a-changin.

Welcome! I lived in Riyadh in the 80s! I don't remember ever seeing a pet store there. That's great, they have them now.
It's good your daughter is doing her research first. Once you have figured out the species, there are care sheets in the species specific section of the forum. Keep in mind that even small tortoises need quite a bit of space.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I have lived here only 14 years, and ( betraying my age ) the times, they are a-changin.
14 years is a long time! We helped the owner of the first Mexican restaurant in Riyadh by going to Mexico and buying him decorations for his restaurant. The food was terrible, though, so I bet he went out of business!

tortdadruh

Riyadh
14 years is a long time! We helped the owner of the first Mexican restaurant in Riyadh by going to Mexico and buying him decorations for his restaurant. The food was terrible, though, so I bet he went out of business!

The only (reasonable OK) mexican restaurant I go to is the El Chico. If that is it, it's still running