Hello from Sacramento

Cindy M

Hello,

I have a male Sulcata that is aprox. 14 years old. We moved from the country to town 15 months ago, so Franklin is currently at my parents farm. He went from a 40'x40' enclosure to a horse stall + yard that is 15'x10'. The walls are field fencing with boards lining the bottom 12". He was content until 2 weeks ago, and now is trying to get out. I' m in the process of building a larger yard so we can grow grass. Not sure if he just needs larger area, or something to walk around? Or just wants fresh grass? I bought him a bale of burmuda grass hay, but he doesn't eat it much. My mom has been giving him zucchini from the garden and carrots. Any suggestion would be great.

Also, I'm unable to change my avatar pic. It always says to choose another.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Cindy
Welcome to the TFO from AZ. Yes the TFO is having a problem with pics but trying to work on the problem to fix it .

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Cindy, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Franklin.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cindy and welcome to the Forum!

If this is a fairly new move for your tortoise, he's trying to escape back to his original territory. He should settle down in a couple weeks once he realizes he's safe there and there's plenty of food and water.

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Northern CA
Welcome to the forum from a fellow NorCali member :)
Yvonne said what I would have said so I'll just welcome you. ;) She's much wiser than I :D

Alaskamike

South Florida
Hi. And welcome
I really like Sulcatas myself. Great personality. I find mine are really creature of habit & Yvonne is probably right. Is his area planted with grass ? Mine graze for hours.

The picture thing will be fixed soon. We'd love to see him then.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
salutations Cindy
never has a day shine brighter or help more promise then the day you joined this form.
tortoises like consistency. do you have a lot of hides for it. those help them adjust to new surroundings and enclosures quicker. these guys have extreme OCD in regards to there enclosures. even small or slight changes can stress them out greatly. all that is usually required is time for readjustment. :)