Hello from Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSwede

5 Year Member
Just wanted to introduce myself to all the ppl at this lovely forum. I´ve been active at a swedish forum for some time but just found this one and saw that it was a little more action here :) Myself is a proud owner of a 5 year old Testudo Horsfieldii female that has been in my loving care for 2 years.

Will be interesting to see what kind of differences there are between Europe and US when it comes to tortoise keeping.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi TheSwede, and welcome to the Forum!

TheSwede

5 Year Member
kathycoles said:
Please post some pictures! We all love to oogle those precious babies.

I uploaded a few pics of my tortoise Kathy, Isnt she a beauty?IMG_0524.JPGIMG_0387.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
Welcome to the form you will find that it is very active!! I just love it. *waves* from Alaska.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome Sweden! Kathy looks like one relaxed and happy tortoise!
😀

TheSwede

5 Year Member
DesertGrandma said:
Welcome. Tell us more abt keeping tortoises in Sweden.

Well what is different about keeping tortoises in sweden? Because of the weather of course most of the year you have to provide housing indoor. When it comes to russians alot of people keep them outdoors during summer and then let them hibernate during winter indoors in a safe place around 6 degrees celcius.

Me however doesnt hibernate my tortoise, she takes a sleeping period a few times a year. I dont dig her up from underground or try to make her eat. Tortoises knows best what they want to do:)

Nowadays there is alot of very good breeders here with most kind of common tortoises. That means that almost all people buying tortoises here today comes from hatchlings born in captivity in sweden which is great.

When it comes to food I usually give fresh food 2-3 times a week depending on season, other days dried dandelions etc and the rest I give Pre Alpin Testudo Fibre which is what almost all tortoisebreeders are using here.

Status
Not open for further replies.