Hello from Vernal, UT

kamisaki

5 Year Member
Hello from lovely, but remote, Vernal Utah! We have two sulcatas, nearly 3 years old, Toby and Tucker. We sure love them. They love the outdoors here in the summer, but now it is very cold outside, and we have received a decent amount of snow already. Our little guys aren't so little anymore, and we are gathering ideas for a new tortoise table that might last the next few years. I have been browsing some of your posts and pictures, and I am very impressed with some of the designs you have made for your tortoise tables. I am sure I will have a lot of questions along the way! I'm so glad to be here!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Glad to have you becoming part of our family. Nice area where you live. :) I have a son named Toby, so I am favoring that one. ;) :D

kamisaki

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! Glad to have you becoming part of our family. Nice area where you live. :) I have a son named Toby, so I am favoring that one. ;) :D

Thank you!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. I have a beloved dog named Tucker. So, I'm favoring that one:p

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome to TFO! But you broke the rules!!:mad: pictures you didn't post pictures! Ha ha Just kidding !!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
How big are your two? How much space are you thinking for their table? My mind is thinking it's going to take a really big table to house two three year old sulcatas and dream it will last a "few years".

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Welcome welcome. But yes the golden rule states that pictures are required immediately lol ;)

kamisaki

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
How big are your two? How much space are you thinking for their table? My mind is thinking it's going to take a really big table to house two three year old sulcatas and dream it will last a "few years".

they are about 5 inches now. We are planning an enclosure that is 8'x4' now, but expandable as they grow, with a nice temperature gradient and hide. Hopefully within 3 years, we'll be in greener, warmer pastures. Vernal isn't where we want to put roots :) The "table" will actually be about 6 inches off the ground, on risers, so that we can clean under it, but utilize the under-floor heating system (hot, circulating water under the floor) to our advantage in maintaining table temperatures. It will be capable of being dismantled for easy storage during summer months, when they can be in their outdoor enclosure. I'll post pics when I am done :)

kamisaki

5 Year Member
diamondbp said:
Welcome welcome. But yes the golden rule states that pictures are required immediately lol ;)

my bad. I didn't realize I could post photos in that first post. I'll fix that right away :)

kamisaki

5 Year Member
Here are our little guys. They look a bit dusty in this photo, as we were out and about in the dirt that day, usually they are quite shiny. We have also improved their diet and vitamin/calcium balance, and their shells are growing much smoother now. It's been a learning process, especially since we moved to this frozen wasteland :) This photo was a year ago. We're dedicated to keeping these guys healthy and happy....hence joining this forum :)

Attachments

• 201213_10151262043835719_40260230_o.jpg
    201213_10151262043835719_40260230_o.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 13

kamisaki

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
Welcome to TFO! But you broke the rules!!:mad: pictures you didn't post pictures! Ha ha Just kidding !!!

thanks! Lol. I think I just got a photo to work in a reply, we'll see how tech-savvy I am :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
kamisaki said:
mike taylor said:

thanks! Lol. I think I just got a photo to work in a reply, we'll see how tech-savvy I am :)

Looks like your savy enough to figure out this forum! :)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet love the feet !!! Ha ha:D:D