Hello from Whidbey Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlnauman

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Whidbey Island WA
Thanks!! I have been in touch with Gary from GBtortoises and am getting great support! I LOVE Lopez island by the way!! How old are your Russians? Did you adopt or get them as babies? Is your outdoor "playpen" permanent or one of those movable ones? I'm thinking the portable-screened-hinged type might work for me for the time being - have been looking at designs. But I agree with you - too many predators (including our dogs) to leave the tort in the open. Would love to devote an entire fenced off area - but not sure the husband is on board with that one! :)

Raynjone said:
I'm on Lopez, but I have two russians. I'm not sure what the Hermans need as far as heat and moisture. I have a playpen outside for my torts on warm days, but otherwise they are kept indoors. I would suggest netting of some sort so the eagles and coons don't get in there.

How fun!!! Ours will arrive on Wed 8/29 - I'm pretty excited! What did you name yours??

Cindy Ski said:
We just got our Hermann's from big apple pet supply online. he just arrived Tuesday. he was active the minute i put him in his cage, no problems so far, Big Apple was good to work with.

Oops! If I'd read your signature line I would've seen Walter 's name!! BAHAHAHA I'm obviously still a newbie at this website!! But I have found it to be INDISPENSIBLE!!

Cindy Ski said:
We just got our Hermann's from big apple pet supply online. he just arrived Tuesday. he was active the minute i put him in his cage, no problems so far, Big Apple was good to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.