hello just got my 2 russian torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

orguss1

5 Year Member
So these are the first torts i have ever owned. I have had plenty of box turtles over the years (ornates, 3 toed and such) which all went to good homes when my boys were born. Now they are teens so time for me to get back in the swing. I belive the 2 of them are female but my wife wants to think 1 of each but i took picks of their posterior and will ask in the russian section.i plan to name them once i have some ideas on sex

I built them an indoor enclosure which is curing so they will be in it by monday. And will be building an outdoor on come spring as west texas is not a good outside for them in winter.

I got them at petsmart and they are very healthy and happy the one thing i wonder is that they sold me reptibark and not sure about that but i am thinking when i go to the city next week getting some coconut core and cypress mulch to mix but will they be fine on the bark for now or can i just mix it in with the core and mulch when i get it or toss it?

Well there my pragraph

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:) Welcome! Sounds like things are going well with your plans. The bark will not hurt them for the short time, but am glad your changing to something else soon. I will warn you, the folks who will be coming along soon to welcome you, will be asking for pictures. :D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome!! Glad you decided to get back into it! Pics please!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I use orchid bark for most of my tortoises. All of us have our own preferences. Watch your two carefully. Pairs are usually not a good idea. Russians can be very scrappy regardless of sex.

Wishing you the best of luck.

orguss1

5 Year Member
Here they are right now they are bit shy and being the nerd i am we named the Hercules and xena which of coarse might change as they get older and might not be male and female

photo-2_zpsf5bd230b.jpg

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Those are sooo darn cute! I have an 8 month old Sulcata but I am really thinking hard about getting a Russian too!

Status
Not open for further replies.