Hello Tortoise Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

neecie242

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Denver Colorado
Hello All! My name is Neecie, I live in denver, I am completely new to the turtle world but absolutely in love! I love fish tanks and I have finally mastered the planted tanks. I now have an ecosystem that just about takes care of itself. I saw a community tank on youtube with a turtle and ever since then.....Im hooked. Unfortunately, I cannot add a turtle to my lovely tank. After extensive research, I've learned that :)....... one of those little guys will tear my art to pieces!!! I am now ready to explore these awesome little aquatic reptiles and plan to create an additional tank that I can house a few turtles with an assortment of community tropical fish! Any suggestions/advise are always appreciated!

Thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Neecie, and welcome to the Forum!

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Welcome! If your getting turtles goes well, I suggest getting a tortoise! They are cute, fun, and full of personality (I have a Russian and she is so sweet!)!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Turtles will need a very large tank. They get fairly big. A good oversized (for the size of tank) as they dirty water quickly, unless you feed them in another container. I can't help any more then that as I only have one large red eared slider that lives outside in a pond.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hello and welcome. I know you're interested in water turtles, but if you do consider a tortoise, please the thread below my name. It was written by a member here, and if you have a dog, plan on getting a dog, or allow dogs to visit your home, then you need to read it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.