hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dallas Texas BABY!
Hello. i'm new to torotise forum, and i wanted some people to tell me about their russians. Are they easy to care for, good pets? I'm turning 12 is it right for me? [/size][/font]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. They are one of the better first tortoise for beginners. I don't own one, however I do think they are fairly easy to care for, thats why they are a good first tort. They do know how to escape, they are good at it. So you have to be sure they can't dig out under their outdoor enclosure or climb over the top of both their indoor and outdoor enclosure. Others can fill you in some more. Good luck.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Hello and welcome! It's nice to see that your researching first before you buy one. I don't own one but I think they are cuties.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) Russians are a great first tortoise :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi animalfreak, and welcome to the Forum!

It all depends. Can you set him up outside during good weather? Do you have access to funds if the tortoise needs to go to the vet? Can you afford to buy all the stuff a tortoise is going to need? If you set it up outside, its not as expensive, but if you plan to keep it in the house, you're going to need a very large tub, substrate, an expensive UVB light, a hiding place or two, a waterer and a feeding station, and not to mention, they have to eat every day. Are your parents, especially your mom, with you in this endeavor? It really helps if your mom gets involved too.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
drgnfly2265 said:
Hello and welcome! It's nice to see that your researching first before you buy one. I don't own one but I think they are cuties.
Thanks, and yup I've been resarching since August.

oldkid

5 Year Member
Welcome! You are on the right track by doing your research first, you can never know too much about a pet in your care.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
She will be inside with the occasional walk outside, and yes my parents are very much involved, and I am very prepared I have done research for months and can't wait until my little Dandy will arive.

Status
Not open for further replies.