Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisabeth89

5 Year Member
Hello. I am new to this. Just got a red eared slider on Saturday. He is tiny maybe about the size of a silver dollar. I got him a lamp and a 10 gallon tank thanks to a friend who knows a lot about turtles. I would love to hear what anyone has about advise on raising a RES, feeding, taking care of, and anything else. He hasn't eaten since I got him. Please any advise is very much appreciated.

tortc

5 Year Member
Hi Elisabeth89, I am new here, also. I don't know about taking care of RES. I am sure that others will come along to suggest something, but my mom says not to worry too much just yet, sometimes a turtle needs time to adjust to their new surroundings. I hope everything works out for you and your turtle.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
I was the one who recommend her to this site :) And helped her setup her Red Eared Slider :) So Elisabeth89, what would you like us to call you? By the way, welcome to TFO :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Elisabeth89 and welcome to the Forum!

Have you tried offering live, wiggly food? And are you aware that they can only swallow if they're under the water?

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Hi Elisabeth and welcome to forum. You might get more ideas if you put your questions in the turtle section of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.