Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FionaS

5 Year Member
Hello! I a Fiona, I am 26 and live in Cumbria with a happy host of furry and scaley friends.
My tortoise is called Dr Cox and she is eight. I have recently moved her to my new house and put her on 50% play sand and 50% top soil, it was a bit damp so I hope she is okay! I look forward to meeting you all!
I have attached a dreadful photo, I will take better ones soon!

Fiona

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Fiona, and welcome to the Forum!!

I hate to sound like I'm picking on you, but I only have the tortoise's best interest in mind. Your habitat is terribly small for that sized tortoise. One of the reasons his shell is bumpy and not smooth like it's supposed to be is that he has no room to walk and exercise.

As for the damp substrate, don't worry about that. The light will soon dry it out. As long as Dr. Cox doesn't get cold while its damp it will be fine.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
East Bay area
Welcome to tfo! There's a huge amount of information on here about healthy tortoise keeping. Enjoy taking some time and reading up on what others do and have success with.

FionaS

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Fiona, and welcome to the Forum!!

I hate to sound like I'm picking on you, but I only have the tortoise's best interest in mind. Your habitat is terribly small for that sized tortoise. One of the reasons his shell is bumpy and not smooth like it's supposed to be is that he has no room to walk and exercise.

As for the damp substrate, don't worry about that. The light will soon dry it out. As long as Dr. Cox doesn't get cold while its damp it will be fine.

I am actually really gutted that it is too small for The Doc, I always thought I was doing well with her. She used to live at my Mothers (I am in the process of getting married and moving house, very grown up) and she had free reign and wandered around the lounge.
I will read up on getting her a better home, thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.