Help Enclosure Humidity

Domm

Location (City and/or State)
PA
My Eastern Hermanns hatchling is arriving tomorrow so I set up the enclosure this morning. the humidity will not raise above 50% I think it needs to be at 70 at all times? I poured a bucket of water in and mixed I guess at night I can put the lid on at night but not during the day. The long bulb is a T5 bulb and a 100 reptisun basking bulb, the basking spot is 103 and the part under the UVB tube is 81 but Humidity steady at 59.

T3.jpgT2.jpgT1.jpg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
IT has to be eclosed-top on or humidity just escapes into the room. From the innerweb--
How Humidity Occurs
Humidity is the presence of water molecules in the air. High humidity levels are more likely in warm air, because it can hold more water at higher temperatures. If the air in your home is warm, it will also have the capacity to hold a lot of moisture. It’s up to you to determine how much moisture is available to the air. You will increase humidity levels in the home by:

Showering
Cooking in uncovered pots on the stove
Leaving standing water in a tub or other container
Running a humidifier
If you avoid performing any of these activities, the humidity levels in your home will likely stay low, even if it’s warm.

Cold air can’t retain as much moisture, so high humidity is less common in chilly weather. It’s unlikely that you’ll struggle with high humidity and cold temperatures inside your home. To get this combination, you typically need a steady drizzle falling outside.

The air won’t retain much of the moisture itself, so it must come from another supply. Inside your house, lowering the temperature is an effective way to minimize humidity to a certain extent, because the air simply can’t hold on to the same level of moisture when it’s cooler.

L

LasTortugasNinja

Trapping the air in a greenhouse tent can dramatically raise the humidity. Also, live plants raise the humidity. I recommend a whole-house humidifier that can be installed in your HVAC, since humidity is good for people too.

Domm

PA
IT has to be eclosed-top on or humidity just escapes into the room. From the innerweb--
How Humidity Occurs
Humidity is the presence of water molecules in the air. High humidity levels are more likely in warm air, because it can hold more water at higher temperatures. If the air in your home is warm, it will also have the capacity to hold a lot of moisture. It’s up to you to determine how much moisture is available to the air. You will increase humidity levels in the home by:

Showering
Cooking in uncovered pots on the stove
Leaving standing water in a tub or other container
Running a humidifier
If you avoid performing any of these activities, the humidity levels in your home will likely stay low, even if it’s warm.

Cold air can’t retain as much moisture, so high humidity is less common in chilly weather. It’s unlikely that you’ll struggle with high humidity and cold temperatures inside your home. To get this combination, you typically need a steady drizzle falling outside.

The air won’t retain much of the moisture itself, so it must come from another supply. Inside your house, lowering the temperature is an effective way to minimize humidity to a certain extent, because the air simply can’t hold on to the same level of moisture when it’s cooler.

Yes so basic science I guess LOL! I think my best bet is to just keep the substrate pretty damp to mix with the heat