Help for my Star Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durgesh Nandini

5 Year Member
Hello Evryone
please help me out. My star Indian tortoise has stopped urinating, its body seems to be swollen and now its keeping out it urinal organ which it earlier used to hide inside the tail. I am resident of Delhi, India and i have no clues where to find any help from. My tortoise desperately needs help.
Kindly help.
Nandini

Durgesh Nandini

5 Year Member
HELP for my star Indian tortoise

Hello Evr1,
I have a star Indian tortoise. Its a male and badly needs help. It has stopped urinating (though it passes feaces). Its body seems to be swollen and its urinal organ has turned dark reddish. I am resident of Delhi India, can anybody guide me to the righ vet for my pet or atlest tell me wht I should do.
Please help

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Welcome to forum Nandini :)

I wish it though was under better circumstances :( I'm afraid your tortoise's kidneys have shut down and there is nothing a vet or anyone else can do. He's at the end stage right now (his kidneys shut down about 3 months ago) and sadly will be passing away soon. :(
I wish I had better things to say. :(

Danny

Durgesh Nandini

5 Year Member
Hello
Thats bad to hear, really but is it not possible that it could have happened because of stone formation and can the stones be removed surgically. We are going to get its X-Ray done today. Are you sure that kidney blockage is the only reason for the same.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It is possible he has a stone, but that would be a bladder stone most likely. Which wouldn't affect urinating (which your tortoise isn't doing). Also the fact his penis has been everted (which if it's been out to long he will lose it) makes me say it's his kidneys that have shut down (as well as the body swelling by retained fluid).

Danny

Durgesh Nandini

5 Year Member
Hello Danny,
You were right , my tortoise died on Saturday. I hope its soul rests in peace. Do you have any idea where I can adopt a new tortoise from. I am a resident of Delhi, India

ruanda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Portugal
Sorry for your loss...
(How old was he?...)

Status
Not open for further replies.