Help Identify Please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyang333

5 Year Member
Hi there, so my parents told me they bought a Red Ear Slider from the petsmart, and I had posted a question about cohabitation between RES and Mississippi False Maps. I was appreciative of the help! Well, I came home this weekend so I could go catch a Smashing Pumpkins concert that was slightly closer from my parents house than my place in London, ON. Anyway, I took a look at Fungi (like you know, fun-guy) and I noticed that I have never seen a shell that coloured on a RES. And he looks paler than a RES. I took a look at the petsmart receipt (I know, not a good indicator) and it did say Red Ear Slider. But since I know it's not a good indicator, I was hoping someone here could help me out. It's hard to get a picture of him because he hides in his shell everytime he senses someone coming. I do see him out and about, but I can't get up close or anywhere close for that matter to snap a shot of him.

Oh, and he does have red markings on his face where I guess RES would have their markings. But his skin colour is like grey-ish pale colour and the shell is a golden tan looking colour.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
That's a Red-eared slider :D He/she is that colour because of lack of sunlight.

Danny

gyang333

5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
That's a Red-eared slider :D He/she is that colour because of lack of sunlight.

Danny

Thanks for your help! So, will Fungi regain his former look? Or will he be like this from here on in?

And, we have his tank where he gets sunlight all afternoon so hopefully, if it is possible to recover, he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.