Help me my tort is not eating any from past three days

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Beautiful little Indian Star!

We need more info. Most always when a young tortoise is not eating, it is because it's environment is not right. Type of food, light, heat, humidity, substrate, and security.

Can you please give us more details about those things? Pictures of your enclosure. Types of light. The temperatures - minimum, basking, average, and where it hides/sleeps.

Baby tortoises live in hiding. Deep in grass, pushed under a dense bush, etc. They thrive when it is hot and humid, and "hide" as much from cooler and drier conditions as they do from predators. Think of where you would find a young tortoise in the wild. Create a place like that for it.

Annudon1

Ya it's very cold here the temperature is about 12-15* C
He is just leaving in a box filled with sand there no source of light which provide him heat
So please suggest me which kind of light source I use

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Maybe he is cold and dry. The experts here will guide you as to what to do real quick to help him ASAP!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Ya it's very cold here the temperature is about 12-15* C
He is just leaving in a box filled with sand there no source of light which provide him heat
So please suggest me which kind of light source I use
Your tortoise cannot survive very long the way you have it kept now. It may already be sick. You need to correct things immediately if you want to keep the tortoise alive. 12-15 is way too cold. I never let my younger stars get any colder than 27 as an absolute minimum. They need humidity, and a warm basking spot 38-40 so they can heat up and get their metabolism going. Right now, you can soak the little tortoise in a tub with about 1" of warm - 34C water for about 20-30 minutes. Then keep the tortoise warm in a nice enclosure. As I said earlier, they also need to be in a place that is similar to how you would expect to find them in the wild. They would not be in a box with just sand.

The best thing you need to do I study the post on "how to raise a healthy sulcata or leopard". That is exactly how I raise my stars as well.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/

Everything is already written out for you there. Please study it and make immediate changes, then come back with any additional questions.

You have an amazing, beautiful tortoise. Thank you for coming here to learn how to care for it properly.

Reactions: Tom