Help my tort be less bored!

Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
Hey yall!

I'm starting school soon and I want to make sure that Noodles isn't bored when I'm gone. I put a pingpong ball in his enclosure, but he doesn't seem to be interested in it. How can I make sure that Noodles gets proper enrichment while I'm gone?

Thanks!
Gracey and Noodles

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Hey yall!

I'm starting school soon and I want to make sure that Noodles isn't bored when I'm gone. I put a pingpong ball in his enclosure, but he doesn't seem to be interested in it. How can I make sure that Noodles gets proper enrichment while I'm gone?

Thanks!
Gracey and Noodles
Tortoises don’t need enrichment, as long as they have a large enough enclosure and are able to walk around then he should be fine.

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
I kinda agree and disagree. I think adding some things like new hides or obstacles, things he can climb on and over, ect will help him be less bored. Golden Greek is right though, with a large enclosure and all the stuff he needs, torts are pretty good at entertaining themselves. Do you mind showing us a pic of your enclosure? Maybe some members can give you some cool ideas for things you can put in it.

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
Hey yall!

Thanks!
Gracey and Noodles

If your enclosure is big enough consider offering different walking surfaces such as adding a pile of slate or large pebbles of varying heights (that will be safe from flipping) along with a number of additional hides along the length of your entire enclosure. Make sure not to clutter your enclosure with too much items that it would take away too much trekking space from the tortoise.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I kinda agree and disagree. I think adding some things like new hides or obstacles, things he can climb on and over, ect will help him be less bored. Golden Greek is right though, with a large enclosure and all the stuff he needs, torts are pretty good at entertaining themselves. Do you mind showing us a pic of your enclosure? Maybe some members can give you some cool ideas for things you can put in it.
You did word it better then me. That’s basically what I meant to say, that with the right stuff they can entertain themselves. Thanks.