Cuttlebone recommendations?

Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
Hey everyone!

Noodles is doing really well, but isn't that much of a fan of calcium on his food. He'll eat it, but I can tell he doesn't like it. I'm going to get some cuttlebone so he doesn't have to eat all of the greens with the calcium on it, but I need some recommendations.

Thanks!
Gracey and Noodles

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We get our cuttlebones from the pet dept at WalMart. Just open the box they come in & make sure you get large ones. At times, there are a few puny ones in there....so, check before you purchase. Cost is $1.15 for two pieces.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Any plain white cuttlebone from the pet store. They’re usually in the bird aisle.

With calcium powder, people usually make the mistake of using too much. A very tiny pinch sprinkled very sparsely on food 2 or 3 times a week is more than enough.

Waka

Alberta
Any plain white cuttlebone from the pet store. They’re usually in the bird aisle.

With calcium powder, people usually make the mistake of using too much. A very tiny pinch sprinkled very sparsely on food 2 or 3 times a week is more than enough.
I second this. I use both the powder and the bone: a sprinkle every once in a while and he can get more from the bone if he wishes.

I found that some of my local pet stores actually sell some in the reptile aisle for turtles and they're cheaper than the exact same ones they pack for birds. You can't really go wrong here.