MBD?

Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
Hi everyone!

I love noodles, but I always have anxiety that I'm not doing enough for him. I have a t5ho UVB light fro zoomed, but i'm still worried he'll get mbd. how can I soothe my worries?

Thanks,
Gracey and noodles

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
to completely alleviate your worries you could get a solarmeter which measures the UV output of your bulb.

When the UV output lessens and you need to replace your bulb, you will know for sure

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
just a heads up - they are expensive! but instead of me replacing my uv bulbs *just in case* after 1 year of use, I can monitor the output instead and have a bulb potentially last longer, saving me money overtime on bulb $. if your tortoise is indoors for most of the year, it's worth the money.

solarmeter.com

there are quite a few threads on this forum discussing this item. this thread which is fairly recent is saying to go for the 6.5:

also - happy birthday!

Denver, Colorado
just a heads up - they are expensive! but instead of me replacing my uv bulbs *just in case* after 1 year of use, I can monitor the output instead and have a bulb potentially last longer, saving me money overtime on bulb $. if your tortoise is indoors for most of the year, it's worth the money.

solarmeter.com

there are quite a few threads on this forum discussing this item. this thread which is fairly recent is saying to go for the 6.5:

also - happy birthday!
Thank you for the birthday wish!

I don't have a lot of money, as I don't have a job yet (I just turned 16). Would it be good to take noodles outside a couple times a week to boost the amount of UVB he gets?