Noodles schedule

Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
Hey everyone!

I'm going to be out of town for a couple days (3), and I don't have anyone to take care of noodles, and I can't transport his enclosure. Should I just leave him a lot of water and food or should I try to take him with me in a very small enclosure? I'm hesitant to do the second option, as I'm very worried Noodles would get very stressed and get sick. What should I do?

Thanks!
Gracey and Noodles

Hamiltondood

Richmond, Texas
i DO remember seeing a thread where a member asked if they could leave their tortoise home alone for a week
i don't remember the link
but a member recommended giving a nice long soak and feeding it and then removing the water bowl so that the tortoise wouldn't drink dirty water
he should be fine alone
just keep the lights on a timer
you should maybe invest in a camera to watch your tortoise
it's better to keep him at home instead of bringing him with you since tortoises don't like change.
i'm sure noodles would be okay w/o water for a few days, just make sure you give him a nice soak when you get back ?

Denver, Colorado
i DO remember seeing a thread where a member asked if they could leave their tortoise home alone for a week
i don't remember the link
but a member recommended giving a nice long soak and feeding it and then removing the water bowl so that the tortoise wouldn't drink dirty water
he should be fine alone
just keep the lights on a timer
you should maybe invest in a camera to watch your tortoise
it's better to keep him at home instead of bringing him with you since tortoises don't like change.
i'm sure noodles would be okay w/o water for a few days, just make sure you give him a nice soak when you get back ?
he's a 4 month old, does that change things?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Your enclosure should be on timers and thermometers so it goes on/off *** scheduled and needed. Once that is day a nice long soak the day before and add and extra helping of food that day. Then leave a good pile of food for the days you will be gone. The secret is as long is there is food your tort will not miss you. :oops:

Denver, Colorado
Your enclosure should be on timers and thermometers so it goes on/off *** scheduled and needed. Once that is day a nice long soak the day before and add and extra helping of food that day. Then leave a good pile of food for the days you will be gone. The secret is as long is there is food your tort will not miss you. :oops:
Haha!! I already have several times set up for lights and thermostats, thank you for helping me work something out :)

ManAlive85

London UK
I’ve left my tort for four or five days At a time a couple of times in the last year and she gets on fine.

What I do is, a few days before I leave, I buy a pack of whole chicory or bok choy, I wrap the bases in wet kitchen towel or toilet paper and leave them on the windowsill in small glasses of water. Keep them wet and over the course of a week or two the bases of the veg where the paper towel is wrapped will sprout tiny roots. Just before I leave, I plant the veg (with the bottom still wrapped in the wet kitchen towel) in the substrate and make sure the patch around it is good and damp. This keeps the veg fresh and stops it from drying out for a few days.

If you have any old phones lying around, you can also download an app called manything on your old phone and your current phone. That way you can set your old phone up as a tortoise cam and check in whenever you like. Probably overkill but it gives me peace of mind and if I see anything wrong I can get someone to go round and check up.

Zoeclare

Uk
I’ve left my tort for four or five days At a time a couple of times in the last year and she gets on fine.

What I do is, a few days before I leave, I buy a pack of whole chicory or bok choy, I wrap the bases in wet kitchen towel or toilet paper and leave them on the windowsill in small glasses of water. Keep them wet and over the course of a week or two the bases of the veg where the paper towel is wrapped will sprout tiny roots. Just before I leave, I plant the veg (with the bottom still wrapped in the wet kitchen towel) in the substrate and make sure the patch around it is good and damp. This keeps the veg fresh and stops it from drying out for a few days.

If you have any old phones lying around, you can also download an app called manything on your old phone and your current phone. That way you can set your old phone up as a tortoise cam and check in whenever you like. Probably overkill but it gives me peace of mind and if I see anything wrong I can get someone to go round and check up.
Love the book choy or chicory rooting idea!