Help! My tortoise has joint things! HELP!

turdle yerdle

Location (City and/or State)
IL
So today I was inspecting my Russian Tortoise and I looked at his joints/ armpit thingies and 3 of them had a red thing. There were no wounds but some of the skin is red. He was completely normal with no symptoms. I could be paranoid because it might just be strawberry. But if anyone knows what this is or could help me PLEASE. If you have any questions just ask. I have no idea what this could be. Also, I was cleaning him at the time and when I put q tip to clean it up, a little teensy bit of red went on the q tip. You can ask me for more details! btw nothing were swollen

Rue

Canada
Give him a bath...and see if it washes off...

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Pictures would be helpful also. The experts will need to see pictures to try and identify the problem.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pictures and the kind of substrate you are using would help us. If you want to dab on a little antibiotic cream on it and see if that helps to clear it up it won't hurt. Or, you might try some anti fungal cream incase it's a fungus of some sort. It could also be rubbing on the shell if it's in an area that could rub. It also could be the substrate poking him, depending on the type your using