Help!!! NOT MINE, Craigslist Russian in 10 gallon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haidao88

5 Year Member
It's here in Sacramento ca she posted a Russian one year old in a ten gallon has lights and all for $60... I would but have no room for a Russian ATM since I am new and have my hands full with two red foots...
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/wan/3863030336.html

One of the pics on Craigslist
ImageUploadedByTortForum1371148626.362382.jpg

My tortoise Peach hates apples
Mario loves Peaches
0.0.2 redfoot

Last edited by a moderator:

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
Oh my :( how cruel! Maybe you could message her and at least explain that it needs a bigger enclosure until it gets sold

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
Looks to be healthy Atleast

0.3.0 sulcata tortoise
(Manavi, aspen, Bronx)
1.0.0 Russian tortoise
(Ivan)
1 Great Dane
(Koko)

haidao88

5 Year Member
I definitely let her know it's like prison and no one likes small space... That's just how I feel... I mean water bowl light substrate... Not even a hide that's just sad ...

Mario loves Peaches
0.0.2 redfoot

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
That is so sad... I hope someone is able to give her a new home... If I weren't so far I would.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Poor little thing. I wonder what kind of light she's got (assuming they're correct in calling it a she). I bet it gets hot in that little tank, especially with no hides. She's defintely older than a year, probably a petstore WC.

I hope she finds a good home.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Ill try to contact her and see if i can grab it! Ill invest to see if i can raise her and trade her in for a greek =P Most of my torts are greek but ill gladly build another enclosure for her.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
I have already contacted this person multiple times with no response whatsoever. I sent the first one within an hour of this being posted to cl.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Oh, dear. That's a lousy setup, but the Russian tortoise inside it looks GOOD! This is a great opportunity for someone nearby to get a healthy RT for a good price! :)

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Hmm i didnt see that ad. i wouldve gladly taken the poor fella from her and give it a good home. I frequently check cl As ive been looking for a russian but I did get one today for $20. It was listed as "turtle". Luckily they lived very near (about 10 mins away). When I got there he/she was in a little enclosure, about a square foot and being fed what looked like boiled carrots and peas. I put him in my 6 foot pen in my backyard and he bulldozed through all the weeds there lol! He's got good weight and looks very healthy. Ill call him/her "Bulldozer"!

Funny when I search for tortoise or russian tortoise that particular ad doesn't seem to show up on my phone. Ill probably end up taking her. I have no problem building another outdoor enclosure.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
She had replied to me and she said that the tort has been adopted to another person who has a big "TANK" -_-

haidao88

5 Year Member
-___________- I really hope a lot of us members on this forum do CL instead of inexperience spur of the moment people who might or might not have the right information to properly care and house these wonderful animals

Mario loves Peaches
0.0.2 redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.