HELP PLEASE!!! (trying to escape)

Teesh

My tortoise only wants to escape !!!! I feel terrible!!!! Look!!!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410786501.749605.jpg
He's been doing that for such a long time : he got here yesterday!!!!

Teesh

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It takes new tortoises a couple weeks to acclimate to a new habitat. I might say, though, that if you have two tortoises in that habitat, it may be a tad too small for them. Also, tortoises are solitary animals and most times don't get along with having another tortoise in their space.

Are you using dirt as substrate? You might be happier with coco coir. It still gets on everything as they traipse through it, but it seems a lot cleaner.

Teesh

It takes new tortoises a couple weeks to acclimate to a new habitat. I might say, though, that if you have two tortoises in that habitat, it may be a tad too small for them. Also, tortoises are solitary animals and most times don't get along with having another tortoise in their space.

Are you using dirt as substrate? You might be happier with coco coir. It still gets on everything as they traipse through it, but it seems a lot cleaner.
Okay it's just they seem to sleep together and live together... Call me when you get a chance you tell me if I should still desperate them??? Thank you and thank you!!!! When will they stop trying to escape

Teesh

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
if you had a larger area...One with cooler and warmer areas and dryer and damper areas, they might settle down into a certain place. Watch the round logs. They could flip over on them. I wouldn't worry about the not eating for one day. Mix it up with the food. Find something that they can't resist. I use banana for a treat.

Teesh

if you had a larger area...One with cooler and warmer areas and dryer and damper areas, they might settle down into a certain place. Watch the round logs. They could flip over on them. I wouldn't worry about the not eating for one day. Mix it up with the food. Find something that they can't resist. I use banana for a treat.
How do you create. Damp and dry areas??? I have a 3foot by 1,5

Teesh