HELP. red kinda crusty eye......?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Dakota
yesterday i noticed Sonnes right eye was crusty/closed... he brushed it with his leg and all was fine for the day.. i could tell though it was red and irritated... i didnt changed anything its been snowing so it may have dropped to 75 in my room for a day or 2 but not for a long time as soon as i noticed i would bump up the heat.. right now today it is still kinda crusty and pretty bloodshot. his humidity is 75-85% depending on how many times i spritze him/box with water in his hide and no lower than 50-60% outside his hide.. half his box is covered and i have the temp in his hide at 90* and close to 110 in basking area.(i bumped heat up as soon as i saw his eye) hes been eating great ..pooing great.... having daily 30 min warm soaks.... i hope maybe he just got something in it and its still reacting ...... oh and there isnt a vet within a 1000 miles...so really hope hes not really sick he seems ok but just wana ask.... what would you do in my situation?? i will try to take a pic and post....

Attachments

• sonne eye.jpg
    sonne eye.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 39
M

Maggie Cummings

Personally I would put some Terramycin eye ointment in and see what happens. Clean the eye out first using sterilized water and then add the ointment. I'd keep his warm side about 90 and his cool side about 80. I don't think his eye problem has anything to do with temps. He has something in it that you need to get out...hence the rinsing of the eye

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
maggie3fan said:
Personally I would put some Terramycin eye ointment in and see what happens. Clean the eye out first using sterilized water and then add the ointment. I'd keep his warm side about 90 and his cool side about 80. I don't think his eye problem has anything to do with temps. He has something in it that you need to get out...hence the rinsing of the eye

i didnt think about the ointment i do have some! yay lol and i have been spraying his head with clean water and letting it drip over his eye to help clean it i will put the ointment on after his soak tonight ~ thanks

the eye ointment i found was Erythromysin Ophthalmic eye ointment its perscription stuff do you think it would work all the same as Terramysin?

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
I put steril lubricating ointment on his eye last night and also... was questionable what type of wood his hide was made out of (not sure if it had been treated or sprayed with anything) so i took it out and cut a hole in a thick plastic tupperware thing and covered it in black tape so he could not see through it.. things theem much better today i will keep you posted .:)

Status
Not open for further replies.