Help With Outdoor Enclosure For Sulcata

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Sure!!! Everyone here is glad to help. I knew NOTHING when I got my first tortoises 2 years ago... one of those little babies was barely bigger than a quarter and is 14lbs..!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Oh wow!

14lbs! Then my little guy is behind the mark at 3 years old and only 6 lbs ?
They all grow at different ratios... the clutchmate to the 14 pounder was raised in identical enclosures and is only 7lbs... he also has some pyramiding where the big one has none...

Central Texas
They all grow at different ratios... the clutchmate to the 14 pounder was raised in identical enclosures and is only 7lbs... he also has some pyramiding where the big one has none...

My guy has some slight pyramiding, I didnt know how to keep him in a humid environment. Is humidity something to work on inside their outdoor house as well?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
My guy has some slight pyramiding, I didnt know how to keep him in a humid environment. Is humidity something to work on inside their outdoor house as well?
Yes but our Texas humidity is pretty high so that helps. I soak my cypress mulch down every week when I clean the poop.. I think I read that Tom has a shelf with a container of water in his... I still soak all of mine twice weekly also..