Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Italianlnm

Okay.. I just soaked Bullet.. And as I said in another post, I haven't seen him poop.. Not once.. Well when I was soaking him.. I turned around to grab his food and then I turned back around and this is what I saw.. He did this for a good bit.. It was a lot for a small tortoise.. It was white and like a stringy liquad.. Can anyone help me? I am so worried..

I know he has some pyramiding.. I only got him 4 weeks ago and we are working on the pyramiding that is going on. I am getting that under control. The previous owner had a lack of knowledge.

Attachments

• poop.jpg
    poop.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 31

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's nothing to worry about. A desert-type tortoise holds his urine because he's waiting for the next rainfall or puddle to take a drink. When that drink happens, he pees. What you see there is called urates. This is what happens to the urine inside the tortoise's body because he's recycling the urine. Urates is what's left over. If it comes out real hard it means that your tortoise is dehydrated. But yours looks an ok consistency.

Yvonne

I

Italianlnm

Okay, Thanks so much.. I thought that was stool coming out that color, and was very worried.. Especially since I haven't seen him defecate.

So is that normal, and will happen on a normal basis or what?

siwash

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto
it should happen occasionally

nothin to worry about

Status
Not open for further replies.