Helping Sex Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlax

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco, CA
Can anyone give us an opinion on Oscar's sex? Or is it too early to tell? Oscar is about 10.5 months old, and around 130g, and doing great. Huge appetite, eating lots of petunias these days as they are blossoming right now on our deck. He's been getting lots of outdoor time in his (her?) "summer home" - this little mesh screen enclosure, as San Francisco has been getting some rare sun and nice weather recently. Anyways, any advice on sexing would be great!

thanks

ANDY

Attachments

• IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 69

JJ_BOY

5 Year Member
I believe it is a male due to the long tail but I am not an expert on pancake torts.

mrlax

5 Year Member
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for the message. I guess this tortoise may be too young to sex accurately?

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
I think Oscar is a male because of how long his tail is, but I'm not positive. It's nice to meet another San Franciscan (I'm not one, but I consider myself one, because my mom is a 4th generation). What part are you from and/or live in?

mrlax

5 Year Member
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for your messages. We'll keep assuming Oscar is male unless someone thinks otherwise :)
We live right in the middle of the city but are moving soon to the west side near the ocean!

MrJorgensen

5 Year Member
Indiana
I would say it is too young to tell. The tail size resembles my female's. I inserted a picture of my male's tail so you could see why I believe that.

MalePlastron_zps57c0c1bc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.