Here we go again!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
So I (had) found a solution to my russian sudden tomato love. I stuffed small amounts of greens into the tomatoes, and I fooled him with it for awhile, before I decided to cut off his tomatoes, and just give him greens. It's been 2 days now for no eating without tomatoes :( I understand that's hardly long in a tortoises time, but I really want to fix this! Should I adopt a tough love concept and just hope he eats the greens plain?? I don't want him to feel starved :(

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Hunger is your ally. Just keep putting the fresh greens out and he will eventually eat them. Said in my best Yoda voice.... Stubborn little creatures, they are

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hunger is your ally. Just keep putting the fresh greens out and he will eventually eat them. Said in my best Yoda voice.... Stubborn little creatures, they are

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
:D:D

I know he won;t NOT eat EVENTUALLY but I hate to think of him as being hungry and sad :(

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
:D:D

I know he won;t NOT eat EVENTUALLY but I hate to think of him as being hungry and sad :(

He's just throwing a temper tantrum/pitty party. Put him in time out! No matter how many times a little kids says they'll hold their breath until you give them what they won't they will always have to take a breath. He won't let him self starve. Try taking some greens and just rub some cut tomato on them for the smell.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
He's just throwing a temper tantrum/pitty party. Put him in time out! No matter how many times a little kids says they'll hold their breath until you give them what they won't they will always have to take a breath. He won't let him self starve. Try taking some greens and just rub some cut tomato on them for the smell.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/starting-to-worry.98286/ Well, he did this a couple weeks ago, except he wasn;t even eating tomato :( so I did just that, and know he's hooked on those little cherry tomatoes!
That's a good way of putting it :D he's storming around his table right now (because I didn't put him out today) and because he doesn;t like what's in his bowl!