Hey im Joel & my sulcata tortoise Squirttle

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I give my torts whole pads but your tort is sml so just cut themin sml squares he should just love them if not put a sml amount of food on top of them he will eat the food and the cactus .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

jroros

I give my torts whole pads but your tort is sml so just cut themin sml squares he should just love them if not put a sml amount of food on top of them he will eat the food and the cactus .

Thank you i will fees him cactus pads hopefully that works to make his stool softer anything else you recommend feeding him? I noticed he doesnt really eat grass hay

jroros

grass hay and weeds should be about 90% of his diet, if he does not eat it try to only feed him only those things he will eventually give in.:tort: why can't his cage hold a light?
I will try that hopefully he does give in and eat it, cuz its a tortoise table and idk how to put them in the enclosure since it doesnt have a roof.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Joel, and welcome to the Forum!

Because your baby seems to be sick, please soak him in a tub of warm water for at least 30 minutes every day until he poops. Use a tub that has high sides so he can't climb out, and that has a larger footprint to encourage him to scramble around. The scrambling and soaking encourages them to poop. Make it so the water comes up to the middle of his sides so that he doesn't have to strain to keep his head above water.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
The watt will depend on how big your enclosure is and other factors like the room temp. If you buy one at a local store you should be able to take it back if its not strong enough. Mine is 160watt...but its a big enclosure. If you are at the pet store, I would suggest getting new bedding as soon as possible. Something she can walk on better and will hold humidity. Coconut coir works really well. Make it deep enough for her to dig into.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
If you want your tort to eat grass and weeds cut it up real find and mix it with your food that you give the tort and each time put more grass and less food it all grass it could take a month or so but don't rush it . Good luck .

jroros

The watt will depend on how big your enclosure is and other factors like the room temp. If you buy one at a local store you should be able to take it back if its not strong enough. Mine is 160watt...but its a big enclosure. If you are at the pet store, I would suggest getting new bedding as soon as possible. Something she can walk on better and will hold humidity. Coconut coir works really well. Make it deep enough for her to dig into.
I will soak her everyday in warm water now thank you do u know how warm the water has to be?
Ok i think maybe a 100 watt should be good. If not ill try other kinds

jroros

O
If you want your tort to eat grass and weeds cut it up real find and mix it with your food that you give the tort and each time put more grass and less food it all grass it could take a month or so but don't rush it . Good luck .

ok i will try that thanks a lot!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I will soak her everyday in warm water now thank you do u know how warm the water has to be?
Ok i think maybe a 100 watt should be good. If not ill try other kinds

Warm to the touch but not hot.