The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
16i5o4g.jpg

chadk

10 Year Member!
Yeah, I hate it when my camel and my tortoise get in fights... happens all the time... LOL...

We may not be that far out there at my place, but we did get a lot of funny looks and even a few cars slowing to snap pics this weekend... It was yard work day, and I put just about everybody I could to work. I had my youngest boy herding the goats along our fence where weeds and blackberry bushes have gone a little crazy. Then on the other end I had my middle son herding the 2 sulcatas while they helped mow, and then my oldest son mowing the normal way while I walked around and kept everyone safe and working hard :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We're in Southern CA on a five acre ranch. Lily (the Camel) is a sweetie. We did rides for family and friends this weekend and I took that pic afterward. She was very good for the rides, so I turned her loose to go graze for a while. Scooter saw her eating his weeds from across the ranch and had to go see what's what.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
So Lily won't hurt Scooter at all? Has she ever tried to snap at him? Very cute picture. ;)

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Lily is such a sweetie!!! very nice. I have had the pleasure of seeing her, and touching her in person. however, she doesnt have that good of breath! :p Tom might need to throw her a mint.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Candy said:
So Lily won't hurt Scooter at all? Has she ever tried to snap at him? Very cute picture. ;)

Anything is possible, but no. She helps me raise my little 8 week old puppies. She loves other little animals and is always very gentle. She looks at the big moving rocks once in a while, but pays them no mind. They walk right through the middle of her pen sometimes and she doesn't even get up if she's laying down.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What a great picture!!

Tom said:
She helps me raise my little 8 week old puppies.

Do you have puppies now??

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Tom said:
They walk right through the middle of her pen sometimes and she doesn't even get up if she's laying down.

I'm not worried about the "moving rocks"...have you forgotten what happened to the family dog in Chad's yard when Dozer decided to ram some objects into the next county? Lilly's safety could be at risk! :p

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-9191.html

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
ChiKat said:
What a great picture!!

Tom said:
She helps me raise my little 8 week old puppies.

Do you have puppies now??

No, but I'm due. I usually get one or two a year.

Stephanie Logan said:
Tom said:
They walk right through the middle of her pen sometimes and she doesn't even get up if she's laying down.

I'm not worried about the "moving rocks"...have you forgotten what happened to the family dog in Chad's yard when Dozer decided to ram some objects into the next county? Lilly's safety could be at risk! :p

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-9191.html

Mine aren't very aggressive that way. Don't know why. Even when my two males were battling, it was pretty mild. Maybe someday they will be, but not yet. The two boys are very curious, but they don't usually ram anything.

Lily is also very capable of handling her business. More than one aggressive stray has been taught to respect camels by her. She's like Patrick Swayze from Roadhouse. She's nice, until its time to not be nice. BTW, I know you were kidding.

Isa said:
Do you have more pictures of Lily, she is a real beautie!

I'll get some more pics for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.