Hi all

noahbdh

Hello, my name is Noah. I just got my first tortoise last week. It is a Sulcata that I named Kame(gender?). I live in Wellington Florida. I built a 2x4 foot enclosure for it. I keep it outside during the day in the sun with some places for shade, and with spinach scattered to forage on. As well as the lid of a tupperware with water at a nice level if it wants to soak, as well as a seperate water bowl.

Attachments

• IMG_5214.jpg
    IMG_5214.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 39

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Spinach is not a good food source. Please give in a better variety of food, grass and weeds best. Also, please read Toms threads below in my post for proper raising, temps and humidity for raising a healthy smooth sulcata.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello Noah and Welcome.

This is the fun place to learn and share. Good to have you here.

wellongton mentioned some Tom's tread for you to go through. Please do so. after that, you should know what you need to do. Welcome again.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Noah, and welcome to the Forum!

What a lot of folks with baby tortoises do is just what you've made there, with the exception, they don't put a floor in it. That way the tortoise can graze on the grass if he wants to. Just be sure to mash it down real good so there's not space where the baby can squeeze under and escape.

Also, because of the hot sun, I would place a little piece of plywood over one end so there's more shade to hide in.

Please be sure to read the "Important Threads" at the top of the Sulcata section. There's a whole new way of caring for baby tortoises that we've just learned in the past few years and it makes a big difference in the way the tortoises grow.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I love the name Noah. :D

Welcome to the forum, and please excuse my randomness.

noahbdh

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Hello Noah welcome to the TFO from AZ . How does the tort get to water ?

I took this picture right after I built it. There is a little soaking pool in the middle and a small tupperware lid with water as well.

kaamil20

Welcome newbie all here! Hope you enjoy your stay here and hope to see you around.