Hi all

garrybailey

5 Year Member
new user

hi im garry, i have a african sulcata named Tony! He is 1 year old and signs point to him as being a male. he is kept in a terrarium with uv and heat lamp ! Just thought id introduce myself to everyone on here!
:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
RE: new user

Hi! Is that a picture of him? Are you hoping he turns out to be a male or would you rather he be a female?

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA

Hi Garry! Welcome :)
Can you post a pic of Tony?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Welcome to the Forum, Garry!

garrybailey

5 Year Member

Thankyou for the welcome :) I keep trying to add a picture but it won't let me for some reason! Tony looks just like the avatar pic though

garrybailey

5 Year Member
Hi everyone :) my name is Garry and I have a African sulcata. His name is Timothy and he is not very old at all only a few months but don't know exactly. Only had him a couple of days and enjoying every minute, I've had help with all the setup and diet needs and have read up on the care alot so he will be happy! But more advice is always helpful that's why I'm here! Few pics added hope they come up! Thankyou :D

Attachments

• 1382026536314.jpg
    1382026536314.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 67
  • 1382026545571.jpg
    1382026545571.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 58
  • 1382026561507.jpg
    1382026561507.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 58

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). If you didn't get your care info from here and Toms threads below in my post, the please read them and adjust anything that needs it. Your tort is very cute, but does have pyramiding started, which means he was raised in dry conditions before you got him.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome Gary.

Many of us here on this forum have found the "conventional wisdom" of the day to be incorrect. You can read all about it in my threads in my signature.

Sulcatas are NOT desert animals. Babies hatch during the hot, wet, humid, marshy, rainy season and adults live underground in warm, humid burrows during the dry season. So while the above ground air may be dry for part of the year, these tortoises are never exposed to that. Think of what a desert earthworm might need to survive, and you will be on the right track. :)

garrybailey

5 Year Member
Thankyou he is cute :) yer I've read the care sheets from here and Tom's threads too. Yes the pet shop that I got him from did have him too dry that's why I brought him so I could catch the pyramiding before it was too bad.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...cute little guy you got there..looks like you are on the right track...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Garry, and welcome to the Forum! I've asked Josh to merge your two accounts into one.

Bloorbabe

5 Year Member
Staffordshire UK
Hi Garry, im a newbie. I have a Hermann, only been a week. Im an English lady and doing a lot of tortie study!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bloorbabe said:
Hi Garry, im a newbie. I have a Hermann, only been a week. Im an English lady and doing a lot of tortie study!

Won't you take a few moments to start your own thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?