Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelle89

5 Year Member
Hi everyone

i came across this forum and thought id join and get advice as i am thinking of buying a herman tortoise this month as i have been wanting one for years.

Are these tortoises particularly hard to look after?

thanks for any information you can give me

Michelle

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Michelle, welcome to the forum. I don't own a hermans so I will defer to those that do. :)

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Hi Michelle welcome to the forum, Here you find alot of useful advice, there are a few experts in hermans, They are not hard to care for as long as you get the basics right, I am not too familiar with them and i am sure someone on here will point you in the right direction,I am sure you will make a superb tort mum..

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum Michelle!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Michelle! We're so glad you found us.

Yvonne

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Welcome to the forum. We have 3 Hermanns that are yearlings now. We have raised them from the very beginning. We adore them. We think they are a great beginner tortoise. They are a lot of fun and very personable. Ours are always at the front of their habitat in the morning waiting for their food. In fact, during the day if anyone bumps their habitat, they will all come forward looking for handouts. They are great torts. Where do you live?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum Michelle :), I have a Hermann and I love him, so much personality :). You will not regret your choice.

Chelle89

5 Year Member
Tim/Robin said:
Welcome to the forum. We have 3 Hermanns that are yearlings now. We have raised them from the very beginning. We adore them. We think they are a great beginner tortoise. They are a lot of fun and very personable. Ours are always at the front of their habitat in the morning waiting for their food. In fact, during the day if anyone bumps their habitat, they will all come forward looking for handouts. They are great torts. Where do you live?

Hi i live in scotland so not the best weather to keep them outdoors but i will have a big tortoise table made for indoors and a run for outside when its a hot sunny day.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Welcome to the forum Chelle89 :) Good luck in finding your hermans, I hear they are lovely torts to keep. You found the right place, you will learn everything you need to know about keeping your hermans happy & healthy :)

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi Chelle i have 2 hermanns and they are great lil guys.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
personally I have found more UK keepers of hermann's than US keepers. I wonder why? They sound like neat little torts.

Status
Not open for further replies.