Hi from Paris, France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

5 Year Member
Hi guys

My name's Sebastien.
I am a french tortoise breeder, who live near Paris. I breed several species, mainly land tortoise among: Eastern AND Western hermann's tortoise, marginated tortoise, spurtight tortoise, radiated...

By the way, my favorite species are black and yellow ones (how bizarre):
Hermann's, Radiata, Eastern Box Turtle, Spotted turtle, Burmese star.

Maybe you don't know it, but in Europe we do not use common names to qualify our tortoise. We use Latin names. E.g. Testudo hermanni for Western Hermann's tortoise. :D

Furthermore, I am always interested in "talking tortoise" that is why I am registered in various messages boards all around the World (Spain, Italy, GB, USA...) I am fluent in English and bilingual in Spanish (I have double nationality Spanish/French)

Sure it helps!

I will share with you some of my pics

Well, I am also Admin of a French messages board which is dedicated to "Exotic tortoise only" (all Testudo's except Kleinmanni's aren't considered 'exotic' for us, french breeders, but I can image that a Hermann tortoise is 'exotic' for you... :shy: ) You may take a look if you want. The message board opened last month so we're still a small group of people. Come on and post some pics! (obviously, you can post in English)

http://tortues-exotiques.forumexpress.org/

See you soon!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum Sébastien :)
I am sure you will love it here!
If you have any pics of your tortoises, do not hesitate to post them, we love pics :)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Sebastien :)

The whole world uses latin names for every living thing :p We do it for tortoises too. The Western Hermanns would be Testudo hermanni hermanni. :D

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sebastien:

1909667vphfss9act.gif

to the forum! I'm always interested in reading about tortoise-keeping in other countries.

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jhonharry62 said:
Hello, my name is Jhon
I'm from India. I have just finished my post graduation.I am here to gain knowledge from the various Forums.

Hi Jhon:

1345290l70gurxnb2.png

to the forum!! What did you study? Did it have anything thing to do with animal husbandry? Do you have tortoises? We have a wealth of information about tortoises here on the forum and I'm sure you will gain much knowledge!

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Sebastien Welcome to the forum. Always interested in others points of views on keeping torts especially in other counties. :)
I have a couple of T. graeca antakyensis, and 2 T. graeca terrestris, plus a couple of crosses and recently I obtained 3 T. graeca buxtoni which I hope to breed. (Salut, j'ai utilisé votre suggestion tranduction partir de votre site pour dire Bienvenue en français. Nice site que vous avez.)

Hi Jhon Welcome. What was your field of study? What knowledge do you hope to gain form our forums?

Phoenix

5 Year Member

Wow what a bunch of rare Graeca you own robyn

T. graeca antakyensis are very difficult to obtain in France, as most graeca species (as we have a lot of illegal trade tortoises which are offered, our local policy is very strict... and there is no export with the countries related to these species). We easily find T. graeca graeca, T. nabeulensis, T. marokensis, and T. ibera but for all graeca subspecies it is much more difficult to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.