hi from the phillipines

Status
Not open for further replies.

apromann4

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
philippines
Got two red foots, attached are there pictures, do they look fine? Am wondering if its okay to feed them twice a day, one in the morning and one at night, i dont want to over feed them, but they keep on looking me at night when i arrive from work they seem like they are asking for food, am following the one day protein, two day fruits, r4 day greens, thanks

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
Got two red foots , one 3.5" and one 2.5", is it okay to feed they twice a day, one in the morning n one in the evening? Thanks

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
If they seem to be hungry to you, they probably are. Yes, do feed them twice a day or more, if they will actually eat more.

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
RE: hi from the phillipines, ryan here

Thanks guys for the advice, its a big help, i have problems in posting pictures, ' ll post there pictures soon, by the way one last question, i house them indoors, i have have reptisun 5.0 , 8" from the base, for 12 hrs, how many times a week should i give them calcium d3, i give them twice a week, during weekends i let them walk under the morning sun for 30 mins, is it ok twice a week for d3?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ryan, and welcome to the Forum!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
RE: hi from the phillipines, ryan here

apromann4 said:
Thanks guys for the advice, its a big help, i have problems in posting pictures, ' ll post there pictures soon, by the way one last question, i house them indoors, i have have reptisun 5.0 , 8" from the base, for 12 hrs, how many times a week should i give them calcium d3, i give them twice a week, during weekends i let them walk under the morning sun for 30 mins, is it ok twice a week for d3?

If this is a coil type bulb, I would not use it. They can damage reptile eyes, especially when they are that close. Most redfoot keepers here recommend the long tube type florescent bulbs and a ceramic heating element on a thermostat for warmth.

Twice a week for D3 is fine.

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
Thanks for the advice, i'l change it to florecent asap, thanks very much, its hard to find reptile supplies here in philppines, even tortoises, i love to have more red foots, but there only a few persons imports torts, and they only imports one or twice a year maybe your can reffer me to someone who sells here in philppines supplies n tort thank again

Status
Not open for further replies.