hi, new on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nacho 'n' chip

5 Year Member
hello everyone.
I have two redfoot tortoises, there roughly 1year old. they have a huge enclosure, UVA & UVB lights, hottest temp is 93. lots of hideaway places for them. I have had them for 5days now. they seem to sleep a lot & are now not eating much. I'm getting a little bit worried & was wondering if someone can help? is because there new & could be nervous? or could there be something wrong? I got them both at the same time they were together at the shop.
Please help.
Thanks.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your visits here.
Often times when tortoises move into a new home, they need time to readjust, it can be anywhere from a few days, to a few weeks, I would continue offering food everyday, and baring any health issues, they will start to eat sooner or later.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum...

I agree with what was said above. Good luck and keep us posted...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi nacho 'n' chip:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

BigPavelski8

5 Year Member
Toronto,Canada
Hi Nacho N Chip, I wouldn't be too concerned as they are adjusting to their new environment, as long as they look healthy (clear nostrils/eyes). My RF did the same, and he is more active after soakings and enjoys eating after I spray him with water. Humidity is important to your RFs.

Cheers!

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Welcome! Previous answers are pretty spot on. Just give them time, humidity, and a lot of shaded area.

nacho 'n' chip

5 Year Member
hey, thanks for everyones reply. yeah they seem to be coming around more I stood out of sight after putting food in & could see them eating away :) really happy. I'm from the uk. I do spray in their enclosure. I believe it was just all new to them but they seem to be coming out there shell now. sorry for the pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.