Hi there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortForShort

5 Year Member
My name is Sarah and my partner, Kaitlyn, and I just adopted a baby hermann and it actually is to be arriving today. I don't know the sex of it yet and because of that no name yet. Kaitlyn has owned many red ear sliders and we finally decided to take on a tortoise together, and I'm so excited. We have both been trolling the forum, reading different things, and discussing them like excited expecting parents. :)

I'll put up pictures of the little guy as soon as we get him.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:D Welcome both Sarah and Kaitlyn!! Must be a very exciting day for the two of you! A long with being the first tortoise, is this the first living thing the two of you have shared together? Glad your here and Ihope the package arrives soon! :tort:

sahdjb

5 Year Member
St. Petersburg, FL
Welcome to you both!!! Get ready to fall in love with the new baby, can't wait to see pics!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sarah (& Kaitlyn):

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know where you are?

TortForShort

5 Year Member
So I just got the tortoise and opened him up, and I don't know if they sent us the right turtle. A friend of mine ordered a golden greek tortoise along with our Hermann tortoise and ours is twice the size of her's.

He also has the triangular markings of the marginated tortoise. I'm very new to this so I could really use everyone's help in this. Normally I would just love him and keep him but I'm worried about how big he is going to get since we are trying to stay with smaller breeds and I read that Marginated tortoises get quite large.

Here are some pictures, tell me what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_1649.JPG
    IMG_1649.JPG
    731.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    644.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    899.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1645.JPG
    IMG_1645.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 29

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its a beautiful little tortoise. Your Hermann's is probably older than the Golden Greek, so naturally it would be bigger. Did the seller tell you how old the tortoise is?

TortForShort

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Its a beautiful little tortoise. Your Hermann's is probably older than the Golden Greek, so naturally it would be bigger. Did the seller tell you how old the tortoise is?

I'm scared he might be a marginated tortoise which means it will be much larger full grown than a Herman. They didn't say how old they were only that it was less than a year.

TortForShort

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
:D Welcome both Sarah and Kaitlyn!! Must be a very exciting day for the two of you! A long with being the first tortoise, is this the first living thing the two of you have shared together? Glad your here and Ihope the package arrives soon! :tort:

Yes this our first living thing we've gotten together. :) our first baby lol

C

Claireabbo

welcome! i cant answer your question but im sure help is on the way! :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
TortForShort said:
Jacqui said:

Yes this our first living thing we've gotten together. :) our first baby lol

How special and neat! Sounds like he arrived just fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.