Hi to all

turtmom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
This is the first time I have joined a forum so be patient with my etiquite. Learning how to access, send and read messages. I have had my turtle for 29 years now.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! *waves* Welcome to the forum. Don't worry if you make mistakes, we will all yell at you. :p :D Just kidding, you can make all the mistakes you want to. What kind of turtle is it that you have? 29 years is impressive. :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Hi :)

Waiting for your first 5 posts to be approved before they show up will be the trickiest part. After that's its smooooth sailing. The forum is a breeze :)

29 years, oooh what kind?

turtmom

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Jacqui said:
Hi! *waves* Welcome to the forum. Don't worry if you make mistakes, we will all yell at you. :p :D Just kidding, you can make all the mistakes you want to. What kind of turtle is it that you have? 29 years is impressive. :)

I dont know what kind she is. I will get a picture of her and post it. She is my buddy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi:

Welcome to the Forum!!

I have always said that if you don't know what kind of turtle/tortoise you have, then you can't give it the proper care...but WOW!!! 29 years! I guess I've been wrong all this time. You are obviously doing it correctly. I'm anxious to see your pictures. I'm guessing some sort of box turtle.

turtmom

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I hope this works just need to know what kind of turtle I have had for all these years. Thank you,

turtmom

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Here she is. What type of Box turtle is she ? She will sit and beg for me. :)

Attachments

• Old turt.jpg
    Old turt.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 20

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ
Ok we're are you from and were do you keep the turtle pond etc ?
But yes that's a long time 29 years
It must be like a child .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome ,29 years wow thats awesome. I would love to see some pictures.

turtmom

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I have a picture downloaded but cant figure out how to post it. i have never done this before. Me and my turtle are from Colorado but we now live in Oklahoma. Had to move 10 years ago to keep a job. She is my kid. I have a few 4 legged kids and one 2 legged kid. I have probably not taken proper care of her so I was wanting to check out how she should be properly maintained. She stays in her aquarium/house. I'm sure she will outlive me.

turtmom

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
mike taylor said:

I dont know what kind she is. i hope I got her picture posted correctly. im totally new at this.

Attachments

• Old turt.jpg
    Old turt.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 25

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your first five threads/post need to be approved by a moderator before they will show up to the forum members.

turtmom

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
wellington said:
Your first five threads/post need to be approved by a moderator before they will show up to the forum members.
Thank you, i will be patient and wait for any replies tommorrow. Everyone is very friendly. Nice to belong.

turtmom said:
mike taylor said:

I dont know what kind she is. i hope I got her picture posted correctly. im totally new at this.

I feel very bad after reading posts on here. I have not been treating her very well. i am going to go get her a big tote but cannot figure out what kind of bedding to put in it. There are a few different opinions on here of what is best. I am going to take the turtle out of here space and put him in another place. He does bug the pewaddles out of her.

Yvonne G said:
Hi:

Welcome to the Forum!!

I have always said that if you don't know what kind of turtle/tortoise you have, then you can't give it the proper care...but WOW!!! 29 years! I guess I've been wrong all this time. You are obviously doing it correctly. I'm anxious to see your pictures. I'm guessing some sort of box turtle.

She pretty much lets me know how she wants to be taken care of. i have taken care of her with trial and error but have read in these posts that I need to take better care of her. I feel bad and Im going to get her a bigger place but dont know what kind. i was going to get her a rubbermaid tote but cant figure out for sure what kind of bedding.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It looks like an ornate box turtle. But not a hundred percent.

mike taylor said:

Here is a picture of an ornate box turtle.

Attachments

• 1385787012882.jpg
    1385787012882.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 28

turtmom

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
mike taylor said:

mike taylor said:

Here is a picture of an ornate box turtle.
[/quote

That sure does look like her. I think I need to get her some calcium from what I am reading. Also a bigger area to run.

turtmom

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I have a picture posted of Myrtle. What type of box turtle is she ? If anyone has any comments or suggestions about her, please let me know. im looking for a larger home for her

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I agree, ornate box turtle.

Looks like she could benefit from living the next 29 years in an outdoor enclosure :)
Where in the world are you?

turtmom

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Team Gomberg said:
I agree, ornate box turtle.

Looks like she could benefit from living the next 29 years in an outdoor enclosure :)
Where in the world are you?

Oklahoma