Hi

KimberlyMcmullen

My name is kimberly and I live in south Texas just outside of Houston. I have a 3 year old salcata I have been bringing him in during the winter but since he is getting bigger I need help on what to do so he can stay outside.

KimberlyMcmullen

My name is kimberly and I live in south Texas just outside of Houston. I have a 3 year old salcata I have been bringing him in during the winter but since he is getting bigger I need help on what to do so he can stay outside.

TheSulcata

You can actually keep him outside all year long if you have a heat box with a heat lamp in it. Just make sure it is at least 80 outside, but preferably 90.

KimberlyMcmullen

He has a box with a heat lamp but he stays in the burrow he has dug do I need to get him out of that and place a heating blanket

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Kimberly.

Some of us provide insulated, heated sheds...some devote the garage to the tortoise, insulating the walls, etc...some provide a whole room in the house...some have a barn with a heated night box...some use a greenhouse. Here's where my 110lb Dudley lives:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/dudleys-rebuild.111350/

KimberlyMcmullen

Welcome to the Forum, Kimberly.

Some of us provide insulated, heated sheds...some devote the garage to the tortoise, insulating the walls, etc...some provide a whole room in the house...some have a barn with a heated night box...some use a greenhouse. Here's where my 110lb Dudley lives:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/dudleys-rebuild.111350/
He has a box over his burrow it has a covered entry way with a heat lamp will that work or do I need to do something else for the winter?

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
Hi and welcome Kimberly , Speedy has a heated night box with a ramp so he can go in and out as he chooses . You should be able to do something similar !

N B  - 1.jpg

100_03.jpg