Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan454

5 Year Member
Hi, my name is Bryan and I have a baby sulcata named spike. I got spike when he was about one and a half inches and now he is 2 and a half inches after 6 months. I also have one full grown mojave desert tortoise (named Rocky, because he looks like a walking rock) that we received from a neighbor moving to the east coast, (yes he is registered). I have had rocky for a couple of years now and have grown to love abd respect tortoises. Soon pics will come once I figure out how to upload them, any held/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello and welcome to TFO :D:D Do you have any pictures of Spike that we can see??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Bryan:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know where you are?

Just in case you don't know or haven't heard...it is a very good idea to plan for two different habitats for each specie of tortoise. The desert tortoise may be carrying the mycoplasma that causes URDS (upper respiratory distress syndrome), a disease that is killing off the wild desert tortoises. Besides the disease issue, the sulcata will be too big to live with the desert tortoise and might harm it.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum Bryan!
I also have a Sulcata but he is 11 and 75#... Can you guess why his name is WalkingRock?

Status
Not open for further replies.