Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

staceybabo

5 Year Member
Hello! I don't have a tortoise yet because I'm trying to learn a lot first. I look forward to all the input from the experienced owners. So far, I'm interested in a Hermann and I live in Southern California.

Thanks in advance!

staceybabo

5 Year Member
Sorry if this question has already been answered, but would it be suitable to have an indoor enclosure but take my tortoise outside when I can supervise?

If so, tortoises can't outrun me, right? Hahaha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh, you'd be surprised, Stacey. All it takes is for you to become a little distracted and...wham! They're gone!

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum.

I believe all tortoises should have a secure outdoor pen where the can spend most of their time during good weather.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) as stated, it would be better to build an indoor and outdoor enclosure. When temps are good, s/he should be outside all day.

staceybabo

5 Year Member
Okay I'll try to make an outdoor enclosure. I need to read around more to make a secure one. When I was younger, we had 2 chicks and a duck and a cat or something peeled back the chicken wire and ate my birds :(

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! A tortoise may not be able to out run you, but they often can sure seem to just disappear into thin smoke or turn into an invisible rock. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.