Hi !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mari88

5 Year Member
Hello, I'm Mariana I live in Mexico and I have a 2 year old red foot named Wally. I read a lot about red foot care when I first got him (I think it's a he, not sure, can you even tell this early? he's 16 cm.) but I just found this site and I´m learning a lot.
I love turtles! I´ve had red eared turtles my whole life, and I've worked with sea turtles. But this is my first tortoise, so I want to know everything to make sure he's healthy and happy.

Attachments

• eee.JPG
    eee.JPG
    942.3 KB · Views: 24
  • la foto (1).JPG
    la foto (1).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • la foto (2).JPG
    la foto (2).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 21

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
mari88 said:
Hello, I'm Mariana I live in Mexico and I have a 2 year old red foot named Wally. I read a lot about red foot care when I first got him (I think it's a he, not sure, can you even tell this early? he's 16 cm.) but I just found this site and I´m learning a lot.
I love turtles! I´ve had red eared turtles my whole life, and I've worked with sea turtles. But this is my first tortoise, so I want to know everything to make sure he's healthy and happy.
Sorry but you do not have a two year old. 16 cm is way, way too big.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mariana and welcome to the Forum!

I think that Wally is five or six years old. He's a very nice-looking redfooted tortoise. You're doing a great job taking care of him.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
That picture of him by his little house is super cute! :)

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
Hi Mariana,
welcome to the forum and thank you for posting your nice red footed tortoise pics, I enjoyed them.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:) Hi and welcome! I envy you for having gotten to work with sea turtles! When and what did you do with them?

mari88

5 Year Member
[/quote]
Sorry but you do not have a two year old. 16 cm is way, way too big.
[/quote]

Really? I had no idea! When I got him they told me he was 8 months old, and I've had him for a year and a half.
I think he is growing to fast but I don't know what's the normal growth rate for this species
Jacqui said:
:) Hi and welcome! I envy you for having gotten to work with sea turtles! When and what did you do with them?

Yes it's amazing!, I majored in marine biology and I've volunteered and worked in turtle camps with loggerheads, green sea turtle and leatherbacks for several conservation programs. In nesting season, measuring, tagging turtles, marking, cleaning and relocating nests, counting hatchlings and rehabilitating injured turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.