Hide Box Help

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ocala, Fl
Those look great and look like they'd work great, however I haven't actually used them or have kept hatchlings so hopefully someone else knows for sure.

Reactions: CnR

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
i’ll give you my opinion i wouldn’t get NONE of them the hide is overpriced you can create your own one from slate rock and would look WAYY better the humidifier just make your enclosure closed chamber and place 8-11 oz of water or more to to your enclosure and mix it, then spray the sides of the enclosure. this method worked great for me at least my tortoise isn’t pyraminding.

CnR

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Ok. Sounds great. Thanks for the help I currently have the half log i was going to use as a hide but saw this one and thought I get some opinions. :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Id say way overpriced for what you are getting....these gadgety type things “look nice” but practically speaking just arent worth the money. Good marketing by the sellers...but id pass.

L

LasTortugasNinja

If you have an opened 2nd hand store or thrift store, easiest hide is just a cheap terra cotta pot turned on it's side, and filled with a little soil. Honestly, whatever looks best to you, go for it. All that matters is the reptile feels secure, and that means it works. Aesthetics matter to you. If you like it, go for it! Don't let anyone knock it for price if it fits your needs. I collect expensive action figures. I hear all the time, "Those are cool, but I wouldn't pay THAT for a toy!" then they go out and spend thousands on boat (which I find to be completely ridiculous)…

the TL;DR version: Life is short, buy what you like.